Welcome to my GIVEAWAY, which is part of the Literary Blog Hop (hosted by Judith at Leeswamme’s Blog). This hop will run from February 9th through February 13th. Check out the participants below — there are over 40 blogs participating! It is a great opportunity to find visit new “bookish” blogs and enter their giveaways.
If you are new to my blog, welcome! I read a range of genres, including women’s fiction and children’s literature. I have three children, twins who are 5-years-old and a 22-month-old.
Part I of this giveaway is open to anyone with an email address (not just bloggers!), anywhere in the world, as long as Amazon will deliver to your address. Part II of this giveaway is open only to U.S. Residents (see below for an explanation).
So, here are the details: I will select ONE WINNER who will get the opportunity to:
(1) Choose ONE of the following books (either the ebook for Kindle or the paperback) [This is open to anyone anywhere in the world as long as Amazon ships there]:
- Rahul Mehta’s Quarantine
Genre: contemporary fiction; short stories (my review: An Enlightening Collection of Stories about Cultural Conflict)
- Anne Fadiman’s The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
Genre: Narrative Non-fiction (my review: When Do Books Stop Changing Our Lives?)
- Amal Awad’s Courting Samira
Genre: Contemporary Fiction/Women’s Fiction (my review: An Honest Portrayal of Muslim Women)
- Rachel Joyce’s The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry
Genre: Literary Fiction (my review: Harold Fry’s Moving, If a Bit Pedantic, Pilgrimage)
- Josephine Tey’s The Daughter of Time
Genre: Historical Mystery/Detective Fiction (my review: Unearthing Historical Truths: Richard III in Fiction and in the Flesh (Well, Bones))
(2) If that winner is also U.S. resident,* then that person will also get their choice of 50g of loose tea from Tealuxe plus a tea strainer (2” stainless steel). You may choose any tea you want, but, in case you’d like a recommendation, my favorite teas are Victorian Rose, Pumpkin Spice Chai, and Copley Vanilla Black Tea.
Each of the five books listed in Part I (above) refers to tea:
- Quarantine: Advising us never to drink tea from street vendors for safety reasons.
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: Tea made from powdered roots imported from Thailand.
- Courting Samira: Strawberry tea.
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry: Ceylon tea (no milk); Regency Bath cream tea.
- The Daughter of Time: tea with bachelor’s buttons.
*The 2nd part is limited to US residents because Tealuxe only delivers in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
HOW TO ENTER
All you have to do is write a comment below, anything from “I’m in!” to a description of your favorite genre or tea will suffice. You do not need to follow my blog. The deadline to enter is 11:59 PM, February 13th (Eastern Standard Time). After that point, I will choose one winner at random (using Random.org’s Integer Generator to pick a winner, and counting comments but not replies to comments). I will contact that person by email and they must respond to my email within 48 hours and we will work out the details.
*If you choose the ebook option and I am unable to send you an ebook internationally (I believe it depends on the country), then you may be limited to choosing the paperbacks. Please work with me as I figure it out. Thanks!
OTHER PARTICIPATING BLOGSLinky List: