I usually have no trouble blogging about a variety of topics, from sloth mating to dinosaurs, but I’ve had “bloggers’ block” when it comes to discussing my creative writing. As some of you have noticed (I’m looking at you, Miss Alexandrina), I don’t blog much about Two Lovely Berries, my New Adult novel, or my current WIP, which is progressing steadily. I just find it easier to talk about other people’s books.
Still, I wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU to the readers who have given Two Lovely Berries a chance, including those who have mentioned it on their own blogs:
(1) Monika from A Lovely Bookshelf on the Wall:
- Review: Two Lovely Berries by A.M. Blair (Dec. 1, 2014): “Two Lovely Berries is a wonderful character-driven novel, and I just loved A. M. Blair’s writing. She pulled me right into the twins’ story and kept me in their world until the last sentence.”
- Five Favorite Books Recommended By Others (Dec. 2, 2014): “[T]his is a wonderfully satisfying self-published title that pulled me out of a reading slump. Katie at Words for Worms is to fault for this recommendation.”
(2) Roy from Back on the Rock:
- Book Review–Two Lovely Berries, AM Blair (Sept. 2, 2014): “Thoughtful and incisive, the author ensures the pages keep turning with her flowing style. There is always enough tension between the various parties to want to know how it’s all going to work out, for all of them.”
(3) Katie from Words for Worms:
- Two Lovely Berries by A.M. Blair (Aug. 28, 2014): “I found the story engrossing from the start. Books that focus on interpersonal relationships sometimes turn a corner into a weird introspective place, but I thought Two Lovely Berries stayed grounded firmly in reality. Everything was realistically portrayed, and even the dramatic bits avoided abject melodrama. Tales of infidelity, workaholics, family violence, and sibling rivalry all blend together with refreshing glimmers of humanity that make the whole thing just work.”
- Double Vision (An Idiosyncratic Lit List) (Aug. 29, 2014): “[A]fter reading Two Lovely Berries last week, I’m inspired to talk about twins in literature… (1) Nora and Aubrey Daley from Two Lovely Berries by AM Blair: Oh these girls! They knew they’d never be the dress-alike-and-live-together-forever kind of twins, but they didn’t see all the crazy that was coming their way. Sharing identical genetic codes doesn’t guarantee a strife-free existence!”
Finally, I wanted to apologize to those who have asked me when the paperback will be available. While self-publishing saved me time up front—I never wasted a minute on writing a query letter, for example—it’s challenging to be the only one responsible for publishing the book. With such little time to devote to creative endeavors lately, I haven’t been able to finalize the paperback yet. It doesn’t help that my perfectionism gets in the way of approving the proofs. Honestly, I don’t know how any of the self-published authors I’ve come to know and love manage to do it all.